Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let's try doing this blog thingy again. I will try and update daily the goings on in my life (maybe), noteable celebrity birthdays, and other facts of that particular day. So let's start by saying I am looking forward to this weekend. I have to work tonight, but I am off Friday night and Saturday. My parents and neice and nephew are coming up Saturday to go to my company picnic. Looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully I will also be off at LnT on Sunday, so I can enjoy my weekend.

How about a few celebrity birthdays for April 17th:

1959 Sean Bean (Patriot Games, The Lord of the Rings, National Treasure) 49
1972 Jennifer Garner (Alias, Daredevil, Juno) 36
1974 Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) 34

On This Day In History:

1397 Geoffrey Chaucer tells the Canterbury Tales for the first time.
1961 US-backed anti-communist guerillas invade Cuba at the Bay of Pigs.
1970 The Apollo 13 astronauts safely splashed down after their near-disastrous flight.
1996 Lyle and Erik Menendez were spared the death penalty by a Los Angeles jury, which recommended they serve life in prison without parole for killing their wealthy parents.
1998 Linda McCartney, wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney, died at age 56.

Today in Television History:

1987 - NBC aired the final episode of "Remington Steele."

Today in American Bandstand History:

1971 - Little Richard performed "Greenwood Mississippi" on "American Bandstand."

Today in Sports History

1947 - Jackie Robinson (Brooklyn Dodgers) performed a bunt for his first major league hit.

1967 - The U.S. Supreme Court barred Muhammad Ali's request to be blocked from induction into the U.S. Army.

No comments: